Rhubarb Custard Pie
Save to My Recipes
This is an old-fashioned favorite: a sweet-tart pie with a lattice top. A double crust could be substituted if desired. The custard does not have milk—just eggs.
Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 2 Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb
- 2 Tbsp. butter, cut in pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut one of the pie dough circles into ½-inch-wide strips and weave it into a lattice. Set aside the lattice. Line a pie pan with the other dough circle.
- Combine sugar, flour, and nutmeg; beat this mixture into the eggs. Stir the rhubarb into the egg mixture.
- Pour the rhubarb mixture into the pie shell, dot with butter pieces, and top with the lattice crust. Crimp the edges to seal.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Cool before cutting.