Rhubarb and Pineapple Tart
This unusual dessert is just fine if served plain, but adding whipped cream or vanilla ice cream elevates it to another dimension.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 cups canned crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine the rhubarb, pineapple, sugar, and cornstarch in a large mixing bowl, mixing well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the sheet of puff pastry just enough to fit into a deep 1½-quart baking dish. Press it into the dish and fill it with the fruit mixture. Fold the corners in toward the center.
- Bake the tart for about 40 minutes or until the crust has puffed and turned brown. Serve it hot or still warm.