Rhubarb Upside-Down Cake
Rhubarb is best when accompanied by something sweet. Vanilla and butter fit the bill nicely. Feel like adding a little extra summer? Toss in a few ripe, sweet strawberries.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lb. rhubarb, chopped
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) white cake mix plus ingredients called for on box
- Preheat oven according to cake mix instructions. Butter an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Combine melted butter and sugar and fold into chopped rhubarb. Transfer mixture to cake pan; spread evenly.
- Mix batter according to cake mix instructions and pour over rhubarb mixture. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and invert onto serving platter immediately. Spoon any remaining fruit or syrup remaining in pan onto top of cake.