Ribeye with Exotic Mushrooms
Mushrooms add a lovely depth of flavor to this company-worthy steak.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1½ lbs. ribeye steak
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp. rubbed sage
- 6 shiitake mushrooms, trimmed and chopped
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a cast iron pan or heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the steak with salt, pepper, and sage.
- Pan-fry the steak to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium. Remove steak from pan and allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining butter to the same pan. Sauté mushrooms about 5 minutes until softened.
- Slice the steak and top with mushrooms.