Rice and Beans - Cooked Jasmine Rice
This is the recipe for Cooked Jasmine Rice. See directions for link to Red Beans recipe.
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups cool water
- salt to taste
- 6 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Place rice grains in pot. Wash the rice and swish with your hands. Drain and repeat 3 more times until the water is no longer milky. This helps remove excess starch and clean the grains.
- Fill the pot with the cool water, salt to taste, butter and the washed rice. Turn the heat to high. When the water near the edge of pot starts bubbling, cover the pot and reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and keep covered! Just let it sit with lid on for 5 minutes to finish the steaming process. Fluff with fork after done. Stir in sliced green onions.
- Top with Red Beans mixture. [CLICK HERE] for recipe. : https://www.marianos.com/r/rice-and-beans---red-beans-recipe/5a679ffc84ae26c72d260ef4