Rice Cooker Buttered Scallops
Make sure to work in one batch when pan-frying the scallops, as they release moisture during cooking. If you canʼt fit all the scallops into the pan base in one batch and itʼs necessary to pan-fry a second batch, the rice cooker may need to be cleaned and wiped dry thoroughly between batches.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 8 large scallops, patted dry with paper towels
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Add the butter to the rice cooker, cover, and set to Cook. When the butter melts and the base of the cooker pot gets warm, add the scallops in a single layer, sprinkle with half of the salt and pepper (do not turn the scallops), and fry 3 minutes.
- When scallops whiten halfway through, turn to the other side and sprinkle with remaining half of the salt and pepper. Fry 3 minutes without turning, covering the rice cooker during frying.
- When scallops cook through (fully whiten), add the lemon juice and simmer for another minute. Serve warm with lemon wedges and sprinkled with parsley.