Rice Cooker Creamed Spinach
If using fresh baby spinach, make sure the moisture from blanching the spinach is fully drained. You must try to remove as much moisture as possible so that it will not affect the creamy consistency of the final dish.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 lb. frozen spinach, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Add the butter to the rice cooker, cover, and set to Cook. When the base of the cooker pot gets warm, add the shallots and garlic and pan-fry for about 3 minutes, until shallots turn soft and slightly caramelize.
- Add the spinach and cook, stirring about 5 minutes, just until the liquid is released.
- Slowly add the cream and nutmeg and cook about 10 minutes until cream reduces by almost half, covering rice cooker in the process of cooking. Switch to Warm and simmer for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Add salt and pepper and stir well into the creamed mixture. Remove from the heat and serve immediately.