Rice Cooker Easy Chicken Potato Curry
Make a batch of fluffy, white rice, transfer it to a serving dish, and keep it warm while you make the curry.
Serves: 3Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 red chili, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- Add the oil to the rice cooker, cover, and set to Cook. When the base of the cooker pot gets warm, add the onions and fry until onions are slightly soft.
- Add the chicken, potato, tomatoes, curry powder, red chili, salt, and water; stir well. Cover rice cooker and allow to come to a boil.
- Once boiling, switch to Warm and continue to simmer for 20 minutes until chicken cooks through. About 5 minutes before end of cooking, stir in coconut milk and simmer at Warm for the remaining 5 minutes.