Rice Cooker Herb and Garlic Shrimp
For a healthier variation, use extra-virgin olive oil instead of butter. You also can try parsley instead of basil as an herb variation.
Serves: 3Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Add the butter to the rice cooker, cover, and set to Cook. When butter is melted, switch off the rice cooker.
- In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter, garlic, salt, pepper, basil, lemon juice, and shrimp. Refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes.
- Switch rice cooker to Cook. When the base of the cooker pot gets warm, add the butter-garlic-shrimp mixture and sauté for 8 minutes until shrimp cook turn pink.