Rice Cooker Indian Cheese Omelet
As a variation, use heavy cream instead of whole milk to produce a fluffy omelet with a richer taste.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. whole milk
- 1⁄4 tsp. garam masala
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 fresh green chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 slices Cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk the eggs, milk, garam masala, onion, cilantro chili, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Add the butter to the rice cooker, cover, and set to Cook. When the base of the cooker pot gets warm and butter melts, gently pour in the egg mixture so that the eggs spread evenly across the pot surface. Cook the egg about 8 minutes on one side, covering rice cooker in the process.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on the eggs and lay the Cheddar slices on top of the eggs. Fold the omelet in half and cover the rice cooker for about 30 seconds to melt the cheese. When the cheese melts, switch off rice cooker and transfer the omelet onto a serving plate.