Rice Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes have a buttery flesh and sweet taste, making these tubers enjoyable simply mashed.
Serves: 3Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Fill the rice cooker pot with water to about the 4-cup mark. Cover and set to Cook. While the water is heating, place the sweet potatoes on a plate that fits into the steamer insert or basket.
- When the water boils, place the steamer insert or basket that holds the plate of sweet potatoes into the rice cooker. Cover the rice cooker and steam for 20 minutes, until the sweet potatoes cook through. Remove and set aside to cool in a large bowl.
- Clean out the rice cooker and wipe dry. Cover rice cooker and set to Cook. Add the butter and sugar to melt. Slowly stir in milk and cover rice cooker for about 30 seconds.
- When mixture starts to boil, stir well and switch off the rice cooker.
- Ladle the milk mixture into the sweet potatoes and mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.