Rice Cooker Minestrone
The common ingredients in Minestrone include onions, celery, carrots, beans, and tomatoes. You can make your soup chunky or less chunky by varying the amount of water and the way you cut the vegetables.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely sliced
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) cannellini beans
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small zucchini, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked shell pasta
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Add the oil to the rice cooker, cover, and set to Cook. When the base of the cooker pot gets warm, add the garlic and onion and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the beans, carrots, celery, zucchini, spinach, and tomatoes and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the water or water and broth, cover the rice cooker, and bring to a boil. Continue boiling until vegetables turn slightly tender.
- Add the shell pasta and boil for another 5 minutes until pasta cooks through.
- Switch to Warm and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper.