Rice Cooker Mini Fish Kebabs
These easy fish skewers make a nice appetizer or entrée.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 whole cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. red chili pepper flakes
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 fish fillets (threadfin, snapper), sliced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 lime wedges
- Combine garlic, ginger, cilantro, fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, red chili pepper flakes, and olive oil in a bowl. Add fish and marinate for 10 minutes in the fridge.
- Thread marinated fish onto short skewers about 6 inches in length (or a length that can fit the diameter of the rice cooker), about 5 fish cubes per skewer.
- Add oil to the rice cooker, cover, and set to Cook. When the base of the cooker pot gets warm, add the skewered fish (work in batches) and pan-fry the fish for about 5 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through, being sure to cover the rice cooker while frying. Use kitchen tongs to help hold the skewer and turn the fish, if necessary.
- Transfer the mini skewers to a serving platter and serve with lime wedges.