Rice Cooker Pasta with Sausage and Vegetables
Spicy chorizo sausage also has a lot of flavor. Use that as a variation in this dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 large celery stalk, diced
- 3 spicy Italian sausages, casing removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (14 1⁄2 oz.) diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb. spiral pasta, cooked
- Add the oil to the rice cooker pot, cover, and set to Cook. When the base of the cooker pot gets warm, add the onions, garlic, carrots, and celery and fry for about 3 minutes or more, until onions turn slightly soft, covering the rice cooker occasionally in the process of frying.
- Add sausage and fry for about 3 minutes. Stir and cover the rice cooker occasionally in the process of frying.
- Stir in the tomatoes, salt, and pepper and continue to cook for about 2 minutes, covering rice cooker occasionally in the process of cooking.
- Add the cooked pasta and mix well.