Rice Cooker Rotini with Mushrooms and Spinach
They are many types of pasta shapes, such as shell, tubular, and strand. Choosing the correct pasta shape for the sauce is important since different pasta shapes carry light or heavy sauces in different ways. Rotini is perfect for this recipe.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups thinly sliced shitake mushrooms
- 6 oz. baby spinach
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb. rotini pasta, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Add the oil and butter to the rice cooker pot, cover, and set to Cook. When the base of the cooker pot gets warm, add the shallots and fry for about 5 minutes until shallots turn slightly soft.
- Add the mushrooms and spinach, and fry for about 8 minutes until mushrooms become soft and moist, covering rice cooker occasionally in the process of frying. Add the salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cooked pasta.
- Top with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.