Rice Cooker Salmon Patties
You can use finely chopped parsley, basil, or even green onions instead of cilantro.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 18 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large egg, lightly whisked
- 2 cans (6 oz.) salmon, flaked
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped basil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 small lemon wedges
- Stir half of the whisked egg into the salmon, add basil and onion, and mix well. Continue to add remaining egg to mixture and mix well until the egg is absorbed by the salmon and the mixture can be formed into firm patties. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add oil to the rice cooker, cover, and set to Cook.
- When the base of the cooker pot gets warm, form flat patties (about 1 1⁄2 inch diameter) from the mixture and add to the rice cooker. Pan-fry the patties (about 3 minutes per side), until their surface turns brown and slightly crisp, making sure to cover the rice cooker while frying. Serve with squeeze of lemon.