Rice Cooker Sweet Corn Pancakes
To uniformly coat the base of the rice cooker pot with oil, use a food oil spray or a brush. You can also dab a piece of paper towel in vegetable oil and use that to coat the base of the pot.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 40 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 can (16 oz.) corn kernels, drained
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, and sugar.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs and milk and whisk gently.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and slowly pour in egg mixture. Stir to form a thick batter. Gently stir in corn kernels.
- Add half the butter into the rice cooker, cover, and set to Cook. When the base of the cooker pot gets warm, drop tablespoons of batter (about 2 tablespoons batter to form about 3-inch diameter pancakes) into the pot. When bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes in about 5 minutes, flip over to cook for another 2 minutes, until golden brown, covering pot while cooking each side. Continue until all batter is used up and adding remaining butter only if butter added previously has been used up.
- Serve finished pancakes warm with syrup.