Rice Cooker Tuna Cakes
These tuna cakes are a fun twist on a crab cake, and can be made with ingredients you typically have on hand.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cans (6 oz.) tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped dill
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs, lightly whisked
- 3 Tbsp. oil for pan-frying
- Mix tuna, salt, pepper, lemon juice, dill, breadcrumbs, and egg together in a medium bowl. Form into circular cakes and chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, clean out rice cooker and wipe dry. Add oil to the rice cooker and set to Cook. When oil is hot pan-fry the tuna cakes 5 minutes each side, being sure to cover the rice cooker while cooking each side, until golden brown.