Rice Noodles with Broccoli and Pork
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 lb. fresh rice noodles
- 4 tsp. oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1⁄2 tsp. cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 lb. boneless pork, cut into thin strips
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 cups sliced broccoli, blanched and well drained
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- Place the noodles in a colander and pour hot water over them to soften them slightly. Separate the noodles, draining well.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the oyster sauce, fish sauce, and water. Add the cornstarch and stir to dissolve.
- To blanch broccoli: Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add broccoli and blanch 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain again and pat dry.
- In a wok or deep skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and pork and stir-fry until meat is no longer raw. Add the drained noodles and stir-fry until slightly browned. Stir in the soy sauce and toss to color noodles evenly. Add the broccoli, oyster sauce mixture, and stock and cook, stirring and scraping the pan, until the sauce is thick and reduced by half. Transfer to a warm serving platter.