Rice Pudding with Sour Cherries
This recipe is wonderful for kids, giving them long-lasting carbohydrates, fruit, and milk. Its creamy sweetness blended with fall spices makes grownups love it, too!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups 2% milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sucralose sweetener
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground mace
- 1 cup canned sour cherries in water, drained
- 1 Tbsp. butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Place rice in prepared baking dish.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, vanilla, salt, sugar substitute, nutmeg, and mace. Stir in cherries and butter. Mix into the rice.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.