Rice and Spinach Quiche
This hearty quiche is filled with a savory mix of spinach, rice, and cheese. It’s fantastic when served with a fresh green salad and a tangy vinaigrette!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 pie shells (9 inches)
- 5 eggs, divided
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried dill weed
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Press 1 pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate. In a small bowl, whisk together 1 egg and 2 tablespoons of milk.
- In medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil and butter. Add onion and cook, stirring often, about 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds. Add rice and spinach; cook and stir until moisture from spinach evaporates, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl using a whisk, beat the remaining 4 eggs well. Whisk in sour cream, mustard, and dill. Stir in Swiss cheese, rice, and spinach mixture. Mix well, tip into pie shell, and cover with the remaining pie crust. Using your fingers, pinch the edges of the crusts together. Brush the top and fluted edges of the pie crust with the egg wash.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.