Rich Chocolate Teas
These tea cookies are from a vintage recipe. Use the darkest cocoa you can find for the richest chocolate flavor. You can substitute
Makes: 36 cookiesHands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 36 cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Cream butter, vanilla, and 1 cup sugar until smooth. Stir in rest of ingredients until well blended. Chill at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Roll dough into tablespoon-sized balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 15–20 minutes. Cool. Roll in remaining confectioners’ sugar.