Rich and Creamy Hot Chocolate
Rich, creamy and adorned with a snowflake-shaped marshmallow treat, this homemade hot chocolate is fun for the whole family.
Prep: 5 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large marshmallows
- 64 mini marshmallows
- 32 toothpicks
- In saucepan, stir together milk and cornstarch. Heat over medium-low heat.
- Stir in cream and cocoa powder. Once steam starts rising, remove from heat
- Stir in chocolate chips. Continue stirring until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Into each large marshmallow, place eight toothpicks in a snowflake pattern, then place two mini marshmallows on each toothpick.
- Serve marshmallow snowflakes with hot chocolate. Refrigerate leftovers.