Rich and Creamy Mashed Potato Casserole
Prepare these rich and creamy mashed potatoes the day before and then bake just before serving.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 9 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 3 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled and cooked
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Beat the hot potatoes until smooth. Add cream cheese and beat again. Add butter; beat until blended. Mix in sour cream, then milk, eggs, onion, and seasoning. Put mixture into a buttered 9-by-13-inch casserole dish and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 45 minutes, until lightly browned.