Rich and Creamy Sausage-Potato Soup
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 oz. smoked sausage, sliced
- 1⁄4 tsp. celery seed
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup cut green beans
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, sausage, celery seed, potatoes, and carrots. Sauté until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and green beans. Bring to a boil. Cover saucepan, reduce heat, and maintain simmer for 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. And cream and heat.
- Remove saucepan from burner and stir in salt, vinegar, and vanilla. Serve with parsley.