Rich Dairy-Free Broccoli Soup
You donʼt have to avoid creamy soup if you canʼt have dairy. Blending makes this soup rich and creamy. Serve it with crusty bread for dipping.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bag (16 oz.) frozen chopped broccoli
- 3 medium red potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 small Vidalia onion, diced
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. all-natural sea salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- In a medium saucepan on medium-high, combine broccoli, potatoes, onion, lemon juice, seasonings, and stock.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Let cool slightly before blending.
- In a blender, combine contents of saucepan with coconut milk. (Or, use an immersion blender to blend in the saucepan.) Blend until smooth, then serve.