Sweet and fluffy, these dairy-rich cousins of the more well-known potato latkes are enjoyed by kids and adults alike.
Serves: 8Prep: 5 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- Butter or oil for cooking
- Preserves, for topping, optional
- Honey, for topping, optional
- In bowl of food processor, combine eggs, ricotta, sugar, lemon, salt and baking powder. Blend until smooth. Add flour; pulse until just combined.
- Heat griddle or large non-stick skillet over medium-medium low heat. Add enough butter or oil to just coat pan.
- Drop 2 tablespoons batter for each latke on surface of pan. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown. Flip; continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- Serve topped with preserves or honey, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.