To freeze pancakes, place a sheet of wax paper between each pancake to keep them separate, and wrap in a resealable plastic bag. To reheat the pancakes, unwrap, remove the wax paper, and cook the pancakes in stacks of two in a microwave on high heat for 1–1
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat a griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a blender or food processor with knife blade attached, blend ricotta, eggs, and vegetable oil. Add the sugars, flour, salt, and baking powder. Blend until smooth, adding as much water as needed until you have a pancake batter that is neither too thick nor too runny.
- Grease the griddle or skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour the batter in ¼-cup portions into the pan. Cook the pancakes until they are browned on the bottom and bubbles start forming on top. Turn the pancakes over and cook the other side.
- Continue cooking the remainder of the pancakes, adding more oil or margarine to grease the pan as needed.