Ricotta Tomato Tart
This cheesy tart is full of slightly sweet and very savory tomato flavor. Pair this with a crisp green salad for an elegant weeknight meal.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Dust work surface with flour and roll dough out into a 10-inch round. Gently press dough into a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta, zucchini, tomatoes, onion, dill, and salt. Spoon filling into crust. Fold crust overhang onto filling.
- Beat egg with water, and brush mixture over crust. Sprinkle cheese over filling and crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until filling is set and the crust is golden brown