Ricotta Torte with Serrano Ham and Parmesan
If you can’t find Serrano ham, substitute prosciutto. Make sure your ricotta is made with whole milk—it makes this dish ultra creamy.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 shallots, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- cooking spray
- 3 large eggs
- 1 lb. whole-milk ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped Serrano ham
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, sauté the shallots in butter for 3–5 minutes until softened. Place contents of skillet into a pie pan you have prepared with gluten-free nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and then add the rest of the ingredients, beating continuously. Pour mixture into pie pan and bake for 35 minutes, or until set and golden. Cut into wedges and serve.