Rigatoni Carbonara with Vegetables
The inclusion of bacon in this colorful and veggie-laden pasta adds a real pop of flavor, but if you wish to make it vegetarian, simply omit the bacon.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 Tbsps. minced garlic
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 3⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 4 large basil leaves, torn
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water. Set aside and keep warm.
- While pasta cooks, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic, tomatoes, salt, and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper. Sauté until tomatoes are soft, about 5 more minutes.
- Place eggs and 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper in a large serving bowl and whisk to combine. Add hot pasta to mixing bowl and toss to combine, making sure all of pasta is coated with egg mixture. Fold in tomato mixture. If the mixture is too thick, stir in some of reserved pasta water.
- Garnish with basil and bacon and serve immediately.