Rigatoni with Simple Shrimp Scampi Sauce
Scampi is the Italian word for “shrimp.” So, ordering “shrimp scampi” is really ordering “shrimp shrimp.”
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ lb. rigatoni pasta
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ lb. medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup clam juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Bring a pot of water to boil, and cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce: Over medium–high heat, heat the olive oil in a large skillet until barely smoking. Add the shrimp and brown quickly. Remove from the pan. The shrimp should be undercooked in the center at this point.
- Add the garlic to the pan and sauté for about 1 minute. Add the wine and reduce until almost dry.
- Add the clam juice and reduce by half. Season with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and cook gently for 2 minutes. Toss the hot pasta with the sauce.