Risotto with Grilled Sirloin
This risotto is easy to make it your own. Try adding sautéed mushrooms, kale, or other vegetables that strike your fancy.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 40 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 bulb garlic
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs. sirloin steak
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 5 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 Tbsp. cold unsalted butter
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Peel and mince the garlic. Mix together half the oil, half the garlic, and half the pepper. Rub the mixture onto the meat and place in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan to medium-high temperature. Add the remaining garlic and the rice, and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the stock 1⁄2 cup at a time, stirring frequently and allowing each addition to be completely incorporated before adding the next. Continue until all the stock is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Stir in the cheese, butter, and remaining pepper. Keep covered and warm until ready to serve.
- Approximately 10 minutes before the risotto is done, sear the meat on the hot grill to desired doneness. Slice thinly, and fan over the rice. Serve immediately.