Risotto with Ground Turkey, Red Peppers, and Kidney Beans
Look no further for a full meal that comes together in less than an hour. Mix things up by swapping out the beans for a different variety or vegetable.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 50 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. lean ground turkey
- 1 small shallot, peeled and minced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 4 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cans (15 oz.) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- Heat the oil to medium temperature in a large skillet. Add the ground turkey, shallots, garlic, and bell pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes, until the turkey is lightly browned. Drain excess fat from the pan. Add the rice and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour in the wine and stir until absorbed. Add the stock 1⁄2 cup at a time, stirring frequently and allowing each addition to be completely absorbed before adding the next. Continue until all the stock is absorbed and the rice is tender. Before adding the last 1⁄2 cup stock, mix in the beans.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the cheese and black pepper. Top with basil.