Risotto with Mixed Seafood
Risotto is an elegant dish, perfect for entertaining. Do all your prep work ahead of time and store ingredients in the fridge, and the dish will only take about 30 minutes of cooking time.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups water
- 2½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill weed
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ½ lb. sole fillets, chopped
- ¼ lb. small raw shrimp
- ½ lb. bay scallops
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup minced fresh chives
- In medium saucepan, combine water and broth and heat over low heat. Keep mixture on heat.
- In large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add rice; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Start adding broth mixture, a cup at a time, stirring frequently, adding liquid when previous addition is absorbed. When only 1 cup of broth remains to be added, stir in celery, dill, wine, fish fillets, shrimp, and scallops to rice mixture. Add last cup of broth.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 5–7 minutes or until fish is cooked and rice is tender and creamy. Stir in Parmesan, butter, and chives, stir, and serve.