Risotto with Radicchio and Parmesan
This is good as a side with poultry or seafood. It’s also delicious on its own!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 50 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 cups gluten-free chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 head radicchio, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1½ cups Arborio rice
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring the broth to a slow simmer in a saucepan and keep hot.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large, heavy pan; add the onion and radicchio and sauté until softened, about 8 minutes. Add the rice and stir. Add salt and pepper.
- Add the broth, ¼ cup at a time, until it is all gone, stirring constantly. This will take about 35 minutes. If the risotto is still not done, add water, ¼ cup at a time.
- When the rice is done, top with the Parmesan cheese. Serve hot.