Risotto with Spinach and Gorgonzola Cheese
This is a wonderful complement to any poultry or seafood dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1½ cups uncooked arborio rice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 10 oz. fresh spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Bring the broth to a slow simmer in a saucepan and keep hot.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large, heavy pan; add the onion and sauté until softened, about 8 minutes. Add the rice and stir. Add salt and pepper.
- Add the broth, ¼ cup at a time, until it is all gone, stirring constantly. This will take about 35 minutes. If the rice is still not done, add water, ¼ cup at a time. When rice is cooked, add spinach, one handful at a time. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the Gorgonzola cheese and serve hot.