RITZ Smoked Gouda Toppers
Enhance any gathering with this savory blend of gouda cheese, onions, cranberry and thyme. Just prep and place onto your favorite cracker.
Serves: 24Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup slivered onions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 24 Ritz Crackers
- 115 g smoked Gouda cheese, cut into 24 thin slices
- 1⁄4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onions 10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sugar; continue cooking and stirring 2 to 3 minutes, until completely dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in thyme. Set aside.
- On baking sheet, arrange crackers in single layer. Top with cheese.
- Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with onions and cranberry sauce.