Roast Beef and Gouda on Sourdough
Sourdough bread has a unique tangy taste that is a nice match with roast beef and Gouda cheese.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 oz. skirt steak, cut into thin strips
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 3 slices smoked Gouda cheese
- 2 thick slices of hardy white bread, each buttered on one side
- ½ Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. garlic mayonnaise
- Preheat the panini press. Season strips of beef with salt and pepper. Add to hot press and grill until it is no-longer pink. Remove meat and wipe press with a paper towel.
- Lay the roast beef and Gouda cheese on the non-buttered side of 1 slice of bread. Spread the garlic mayonnaise on the non-buttered side of the other slice of bread and close the sandwich. Place on panini press, close lid, and cook for 3–5 minutes. Remove from press, cut in half, and serve warm.