Roast Beef and Gouda on Sourdough
Sourdough bread has a unique tangy taste that is a nice match with roast beef and Gouda cheese.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 oz. skirt steak, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 3 slices smoked Gouda cheese
- 2 thick slices hearty white bread
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. garlic mayonnaise
- Preheat the panini press. Season strips of beef with salt and pepper. Add to hot press and grill until it is no-longer pink. Remove meat and wipe press with a paper towel.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread with butter. Lay the roast beef and Gouda cheese on the non-buttered side of 1 slice of bread. Spread the garlic mayonnaise on the non-buttered side of the other slice of bread and close the sandwich. Place on panini press, close lid, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from press, cut in half, and serve warm.