Roast Beef Sandwich Au Jus
Often called a French dip, this roast beef sandwich is served au jus, with a bowl of richly flavored beef broth, for dipping.
Serves: 1Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 French roll, top and bottom buttered and split lengthwise
- ¼ lb. roast beef deli meat, thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the beef broth with the Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Preheat the panini press. Layer slices of roast beef onto the bottom roll. Close sandwich and place on panini press. Close lid and cook for 3–5 minutes.
- Remove sandwich from panini press and cut in half. Serve warm with a small bowl of the warm beef broth for dipping.