Roast Beef Tenderloin with Gluten-Free Parmesan Crust
If you like roast beef you’ll love it even more when it’s coated with a lovely Parmesan crust.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 11 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 1 center-cut beef tenderloin (4 lbs.), fat and silver skin trimmed
- 1⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
- 5 tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 2⁄3 cup gluten-free fine bread crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- Season tenderloin lightly with salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Uncover tenderloin; let stand at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Set a rack inside a rimmed baking sheet. Transfer tenderloin to rack.
- In a small food processor, pulse 4 teaspoons black pepper and remaining ingredients until well blended. Using your hands, pack Parmesan mixture around tenderloin.
- Roast until crust is golden brown, about 30 to 40 minutes for medium-rare. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the tenderloin should register 120°F–125°F.
- Transfer to a carving board and let rest 10 minutes. Cut into 1⁄2-inch slices, being careful to keep the delicate crust in place.