Roast Beef for Two
For this delicious meal for two, make caramelized onions in a skillet and cook herb-rubbed beef in a slow cooker.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 6 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, peeled and sliced
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. fennel seeds
- ½ tsp. crushed rosemary
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ¾ lb. bottom round roast, excess fat removed
- ¼ cup beef broth
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add onions and cook on medium, stirring frequently, until very brown, but not burned, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, stir the pepper, fennel seeds, rosemary, salt, and oregano. Rub it onto all sides of the meat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place the roast in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Add the onions, broth, and garlic. Cook on low for 6 hours. Remove roast and slice.
- Serve the slices topped with the caramelized onions.