Roast Pork and Spinach Pizza
Fresh spinach has a wonderful, aromatic flavor. But it also harbors a lot of water that can make pizzas and other dishes soggy. Be sure to squeeze liquid from spinach before adding to other dishes.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. pizza dough
- 1½ cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Asiago cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb. spinach, cleaned and lightly steamed
- 1 lb. roasted pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- ½ cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush 2 pizza pans with olive oil.
- Roll or press pizza dough into two 12" circles, slightly thicker at the edges than in the center. Place dough in prepared pans.
- Spread ¾ cup sauce in the center of each pizza, leaving edges bare.
- In a large bowl, combine all the cheeses and toss gently to mix. Sprinkle half the cheese blend over the sauce on each pizza, leaving edges bare.
- Press as much water as possible from steamed spinach. Coarsely chop spinach and distribute evenly over cheese on pizzas. Top cheese and spinach with sliced pork. Sprinkle with sun-dried tomatoes.
- Place first pizza in the center of the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Remove pizza from oven carefully. Set aside to rest briefly before slicing. Repeat process with second pie.