Roast Prime Rib of Beef
This succulent roast is traditionally served with horseradish cream. Horseradish cream is made by mixing 1 cup of sour cream with
Serves: 36Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 3 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 18 lb. boneless beef rib roast
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Rub the outside of the roast with the rosemary, salt, and pepper, leaving a crust.
- Put the roast in a roasting pan and put it in the oven. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F and continue to roast for 1½ hours. Check internal temperature with a meat thermometer; when it reaches 115°F, remove the roast from the oven. Let the roast stand for at least 15 minutes before carving to let the temperature rise and allow the juices to settle back into the meat,
- Roast internal temperature will rise 10°F during the resting period after it is removed from the oven. Finished temperatures are 125°F for rare, 130°F for medium rare, and 135–145°F for medium.