Roast Tenderloin with Black Pepper
One of the leanest cuts of beef, beef tenderloin is always a big hit, and the bite from black peppercorn makes this recipe stand out.
Serves: 18Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 whole beef tenderloin (5 lbs.), trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1½ Tbsp. cracked black pepper
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place the tenderloin on a roasting pan.
- Mix salt, pepper, garlic, and olive oil together in a small bowl. Rub the mixture over the meat.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven and cook for about 45 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 130°F for medium-rare. Remove from the oven and allow the meat to rest, lightly covered with foil for 10 minutes before serving.