Roasted Acorn Squash with Cranberries and Walnuts
Roast an acorn squash with walnuts, cranberries and honey for a delightful, seasonal side dish.
Serves: 2Prep: 10 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 acorn squash, cut in half, with the seeds scooped out
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth™ Raw Walnut Pieces, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth™ Dried Cranberries
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Thyme
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine the walnuts, the cranberries and the honey.
- Split the mixture between the two squash halves. Top each half with 1 tablespoon butter and thyme.
- Place in a baking dish and cover with foil. Place the squash in the preheated oven and bake for 1 hour, or until the flesh is soft.