Roasted Asparagus Caesar Salad
Roasted asparagus adds depth to a classic Caesar salad, while Parmesan crisps add crunchy flavor.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 ounces Kroger® Finely Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 cups romaine hearts, chopped
- Caesar dressing
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease a baking pan or line with a silicone baking mat.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese in an even layer across the prepared pan. Bake 8-11 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly golden brown. Use a thin metal spatula to loosen from the pan and allow to cool completely. Once cool, break into small pieces.
- Increase oven temperature to 450°F. Toss asparagus with oil, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet. Roast 8-10 minutes until tender. Cool completely.
- When ready to serve, toss lettuce, asparagus and desired amount of dressing together until evenly coated. Top with cheese crisps for serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.