Roasted Asparagus Chef Salad
Roasted asparagus elevates this classic salad. You can assemble it a few hours head of time, but toss and dress just before serving for maximum freshness.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 lb. asparagus, trimmed
- 5 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 cups salad mix with carrots and radishes
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 3 strips thick-cut bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place asparagus on a baking sheet and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Roast for 10 minutes, or until asparagus is tender. Cool, then cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Divide salad mix between two bowls. Arrange asparagus, cucumber, egg, bacon, cheese, and avocado on top.
- In a small bowl combine remaining olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper and whisk well. Drizzle over salads and serve.