Roasted Asparagus with Smoked Salmon & Capers
An essential spring vegetable, asparagus is a welcome element on the table. It is also low in carbohydrates and high in vitamins.
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 teaspoon Kroger® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Private Selection™ Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 4 ounces Private Selection™ Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon Private Selection™ Non-Pareil Capers
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and brush a baking pan with olive oil. Arrange the asparagus on the tray and bake for 7-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Cut the smoked salmon into 1"x3" strips and wrap around each asparagus spear. Chill until ready to serve.
- Before serving, sprinkle with lemon zest, juice and capers.