Roasted Beet & Garlic Hummus
Try this supercharged vitamin and protein-packed hummus with your favorite dippers!
Created by: Julia Mueller, The Roasted Root
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (15 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 small beets
- 6 large cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper, optional
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons feta cheese crumbles
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash the beets and pat them dry. Chop them into ¼”-½” slices and place on a large strip of foil. Fold the foil over the beets, creating a packet.
- Slice the top off a bulb of garlic, drizzle it with olive oil and add it to the foil wrap. Place the packet of beets and garlic on a baking sheet and roast 40-45 minutes or until juices are seeping out of the beets. Remove the packet from the oven and allow the beets and garlic to cool.
- Add all the ingredients except the oil to a food processor. Process until smooth. While the food processor is running, drizzle the olive oil slowly through the top spout and continue to process until it's creamy. You may have to stop the food processor a few times and scrape the sides to get everything to blend together.
- Sprinkle feta cheese and pumpkin seeds over the top of the hummus. Serve with fresh raw vegetables, chips or crackers.